Philippines Makeup Haul (Part 2)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Today I'm presenting you the 2nd part of the Philippines Makeup Haul! If you haven't seen the 1st part yet here is a (LINK) to it. Just as stated in the last blog post, I will be listing all of the item prices as best as I can, if not, then I will list down the approximate prices instead. I would greatly appreciate it if you can comment below which item you would like me to do a review on. Now let's get on to the haul!

The makeup products were mainly purchased from SM Department stores and Watsons.

*no swatches for now since i'm planning on doing a review on most of them.

To be quite honest, I actually did some research about popular local makeup products in the Philippines and I came across the brand Jazzy France. 
The Jazzy France Matte Eyeshadow Palette (₱1,299.00) was one of the popular items of the brand. The SA from the makeup counter also told me that this palette was being used by makeup artists from ABS-CBN one of the popular TV stations in the Philippines. I also saw one of the makeup artists from a wedding I attended use this eyehadow palette on their clients. So of course, I decided to get this to see if it is as good as how people are stating it to be.

What I noticed from the brand's packaging is that they seem professional and clean which gives me the feeling that they designed it to not just cater makeup enthusiasts but also MUAs. The Kiss Proof Matte Lip Gloss in the shade Ice Princess (₱349.00) is also one of their hyped products. I swatched this product on my hand and I did notice the shade getting deeper compared to the initial swatch. I haven't tried it on my lips yet but based on the shade, I feel that this would best suit Fall season.

The next brand is not based in the Philippines but I couldn't get my hands on this brand before so I decided to try products from them when I came across their counter.


After deciding between their Highlighter Palette in Solstice and the Face Form Palette in Light (₱875.00), I chose the latter. I felt like I wouldn't be using the highlighting palette that often since i'm personally not much of a fan of blinding highlighters. The Face Form Palette seemed like something I would use more frequently especially when travelling out of town since it is more of a 3 in 1 product.


The Matte Me in Birthday Suit (₱450.00) is a liquid lipstick that I am constantly seeing online. However, since getting Sleek makeup products can be difficult from where I live, I grabbed the chance of purchasing this product right away when I saw it. This liquid lipstick takes time to dry matte but after that it stays put for a long time. (I might be doing a review on this so stay tuned)

Now let's move on to more local Filipino Makeup...

From what I learned from the "world" of the internet, Pink Sugar as a local brand has great liquid lipsticks but since I didn't want to purchase all of the colours (which was difficult btw) I decided on only getting one shade.
Their Sugar Tint in Queen Bee(₱349.00) is a popular product from their line that's why once I saw their kiosk I had to look for the shade right away. I do feel that since this is a deeper shade it might suit me more during the Fall season.

I also follow a couple of Filipino beauty creators from Youtube. That's why I was aware of the brands I should try during my trip. Fashion 21 was one of those brands.
There was a time when this certain lipstick called All Day Matte in Bronze (₱175.00) was popular online in the Philippines. It came to the point where it was sold out everywhere. I haven't used it yet but from the try on swatch I did at their kiosk I could tell that this is more of an MLBB type of shade leaning more towards nude. I think I now know why it was so popular.

I also wanted to try Two-Way Cake Powders since I believe these types of powders are not available here in Canada. I already had the chance to try FS Cosmetics powders from my last PH trip back in 2012 so I planned that Fashion 21 would be my next target. The brand had different variants of powders and I chose their Two Way Cake Powder in Milk shade 1 (₱199.50). So we'll see how it goes!

So remember in the last post when I shared that I was having bad makeup days during the 1st part of the trip? Well, I heard about a popular loose face powder from Nichido and good thing I tried it out.
Based on experience, the Nichido Final Powder in Creamy Glow (₱150.00) was the one that really helped with preventing my base makeup from melting and getting oilier. I use it to "bake" specific parts of my face that I know would be oilier and has prominent pores. I believe that this is one of the best face powders out in the local Filipino Market, so if you get the chance to see one, get it right away!

I forgot to include this with the Maybelline face powder on the last blog post so i'm including this here instead.
The Dream Satin Skin in 01 (₱499.00) is a foundation that I was planning on trying since, from what I know, this is not available in Canada. Although, thinking about it now, if I do fall in love with the foundation's formula it would be a bummer since I won't be able to repurchase it here. *sad face*

Last but not the least are things that I do actually need in my life. That's why I hoarded on them.
Yes, we do have blotting sheets here but we don't have this specific one. I think I found the blotting sheets that work best for me! The Gatsby Matte Finish blotting sheets (₱99.75) are heaven sent. They are wider compared to normal sheets and also has a sheer amount of powder on one side. They actually help with mattifying my face without taking away parts of my base makeup. So I would give this an A++

I think that's finally it for my Philippines Makeup Haul! Next post will probably be reviews on a couple of products from the haul. Thank you for reading my blog post, have a great day/night and see you next time! :)


- Micah signing out



♥♥♥

Comments

  1. It's so nice I wish I can buy one of those. I really love filipino makeup artist the are so professional.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Philippines Makeup Haul (Part 1)

Happy Skin X Beauty and The Beast Lip Kit Review