Happy Skin X Beauty and The Beast Lip Kit Review

Today's blog post will be a review regarding the Happy Skin X Disney Beauty and the Beast Moisturizing Matte Lip Kit in Rose (phew.. that's a mouthful). I'm definitely late in the bandwagon in terms of reviews since this Lip Kit was released on March 2017. Anyway, let's get on to the review!

The Beauty and the Beast Lip Kit is priced at ₱1,199.00 and is a limited edition item. I purchased mine at the SM Aura Department Store. Personally, I've never had experience with other lip kits which means I won't be able to compare this to other brands (e.g. Kylie Jenner Matte Lip Kits). I would say that this is one of the best packaging I've ever seen on a makeup product so kudos to the design team!

This lip kit includes a Matte Liquid Lipstick with a doe foot applicator. The product inside the tube amounts to 4.5mL. The packaging is lovely and is in theme with the blue and yellow concept of the Beauty and the Beast movie. I also like how the handle of the tube is copper in shade giving it more of a feminine feeling.
The Moisturizing Matte Lip Liner is included in the box as well and has 1.2g of product. The pencil is not retractable and therefore has to be sharpened when the tip becomes blunt. I unfortunately dropped mine during a product shot so the product inside broke right away thus needing sharpening :(

Moisturizing Matte Lip Liner (Left) Matte Liquid Lipstick (Right)
Both the Matte Liquid Lipstick and Moisturizing Matte Lip Liner swatched similarly in a neutral tone rose shade. A difference I could see is that the liquid lipstick appeared a tad deeper compared to the lip liner's shade. The finish is also different between the two since the lip liner is more matte in swatch compared to the liquid lipstick.

This is me without any lip colour (pardon the messy hair, I didn't realize it was like this days after the photo was taken)

Lips with the Moisturizing Matte Lip Liner
There was slight tugging on the lips during the Lip Liner application. I could foresee this happening since I didn't apply and lip balm prior. I would definitely suggest using a lip balm before using the liner if you have dry lips or just for ease of use (i.e. smoother application).

Lips with the Lip Liner + Matte Liquid Lipstick
Since both the Liquid Lipstick and the Lip Liner are similar in shade the colour did not change when I layered them together. Although I could see that applying the Liquid Lipstick added a nice demi matte sheen on the lips.

I also wanted to see if I could do the gradient application with the Matte Liquid Lipstick. Based in the photo above I would say it is possible :)

This is 6 hours of wear test without retouching
Even after eating and drinking (sushi, cheescake, water and coffee) the lip colour was still visible on my lips. Although I would say that the Lip Kit's shade definitely helped since it is similar to my actual lip colour. After taking the photo above I continued wearing it for another 4 hours which amounts to a total of 10 hours wear test. Even then, I had to use petroleum jelly to remove the lip products completely!

Pros:
- Long Lasting (5-6 hours before noticeable fading)
- Comfortable on the lips (Demi Matte)
- Wearable shade for everyday
- Easy application with no streaking

Cons:
- Slight transfer
- ++ Price
- Difficult to remove
- Limited Edition


Overall, I believe that this is a great lip kit for anyone who wants to have a long lasting lip colour for everyday use. You can choose to wear the lip products inside the kit on it's own or mix and match them with other lip products you may have. The Happy Skin X Beauty and the Beast Lip Kit has a high price point but I could tell that there is quality in the product. If you are also a Beauty and the Beast fan then this would be perfect for you since it is limited edition!

So that's all for now, thanks for reading!


- Micah signing out


♥♥♥

Comments

  1. This set is so lovely, the packaging and the colour are great! This colour fits you very well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kudos to their design team for creating a great Disney themed packaging. Thank you!♥

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Philippines Makeup Haul (Part 1)

Philippines Makeup Haul (Part 2)